<

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006!

And good riddance!! I've had the worst year of my life and I'm looking forward to putting it behind me.

The one good thing that happened this year was that I met Johnny - the man I love! Yay for me. I never would have thought that David leaving would have a good outcome, but it sure did. Funny that you can't see the mountains when you're so deep in the valley, and I never would have expected to meet someone so sweet, funny, and caring as Johnny... Boy, I'm glad I did because I couldn't imagine being without him....

I'm looking forward to 2007 and getting back on our feet. I hope and pray that there are great things in store for us, because after the hell we've been through this year (financially), we deserve to come out on top.

So here's my year in review:

January - I started a new job
I became single after 7 years

May - I met Johnny :o)

May - September - Payroll issues

August - Went to Michigan and got to scrap with lots of wonderful ladies!!

September - Lost my job and still hadn't been paid in 2 months
Electricity was shut off
Turned the ex-boss into the Labor Board

October - Got a temp job

November - Turned 25
Water was shut off
First Labor Board hearing - he didn't even show up
Found out that my temp job will always be a temp job (they don't hire their temps)
Our first Thanksgiving together

December - Our first Christmas together
Cable/Internet shut off
Celebrated our 6 month anniversary


So, it's been a crazy year and I'm hoping that 2007 brings many many changes for us. I've got my next hearing with the Labor Board on Jan. 8th and I'm hoping it brings good news for me... And I've got my eyes peeled for a new job, something closer to home so that I'm not spending so much time and money being out on the road every day.

We're going to spend the evening surrounded by our friends, ringing in the new year with the ones we love. Here's hoping that you do the same, and have a safe and blessed New Year. Love you all *hugs*

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to a great New Year, Jes!!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

happy new year jes. I am with you hoping that this year brings much better happier changes!! :)
ck

7:17 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Happy New Year Jes. 2007 will bring you many wonderful times...I'm praying for that.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs right back at you.

2:44 PM  
Blogger {Cynthia} said...

I hope 2007 will be a better year for you!!

See you on jazz(cynthiaF)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you! I really pray that 2007 will be better for all of us.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Lori Petticrew said...

wishing you a GRAND 2007!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home