<

Friday, December 08, 2006

It's finally Friday!

Woohoo!! I live for the weekend! And it's been one heck of a week...

Attended Blanca's funeral yesterday. It was beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time... I've never attended a Catholic funeral before, and they went through a whole Mass, which was very interesting... And from what I could understand of the service, it was lovely (it was conducted in spanish and I only got bits and pieces of it). After the serivice, they had a procession out to the burial plot, where there was a small Mariachi band and they played some of Blanca's favorite songs. It tore my heart out to stand there and watch Mary laying against her mother's casket, singing along.... She cried during the entire service but overall seemed to hold up well. She only broke down a couple of times - and each time that she did, Tani and I broke down too. I can't imagine the pain that she was feeling, that she still feels, knowing that her mother, her world, her everything is now gone. It just makes me so sad.

I'm looking forward to the weekend - Tani and John are coming over tomorrow evening and hanging out with us... Food, drinks and games galore! I always love hanging out with them and I'm even more excited this time because 1.) they'll finally get a chance to hang out with Johnny and get to know him better 2.) it's been nearly a year since we've done this - last New Years was the last time we hung out and 3.) I really miss Tani now that we aren't working together.... We're both so busy that we don't get a lot of time together and she's one of my closest friends, we've been through so much together in the short 3 years we've known eachother.... I really miss her. So, I'm super excited! And, she's bringing her fur-kids too, so all the munchkins will be busy playing and entertaining eachother! It'll be crazy but it's always fun.

Have a great weekend everyone.... Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post once the weekend's over.... **hugs**

1 Comments:

Blogger Neen and Mike said...

Well I hope you had a great one...
I am started to freak out... two weeks til Christmas - how the heck did that happen!

I'm glad that Blanas funeral was a beautiful celebration of her life...

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home