<

Friday, December 01, 2006

"Holiday" Trees

Warning.... Rant to follow....

I was on my way home yesterday and passed by a sign that said- "Fresh cut Holiday Trees". When did Christmas trees become Holiday trees????

I don't care what religion you are, whether you celebrate Christmas as the birth of Jesus or not.... But the foundation of this holiday is based on His birth and is a celebration of Him. If you choose to celebrate the day as just another holiday, then that is your choice. But it's unfair for people to be so butt-hurt over the season that we are now forced to say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas" and now we've even gone so far as to re-name the Christmas tree as a Holiday Tree..... Where does it end?? I'm tired of everyone trying to be so politically correct so they don't step on anyone's toes....

Can't we all just learn to live peacefully together even though we have different beliefs? Why is that so difficult? Just because I believe one way and you believe another does not mean either of us are necessarily wrong. Why is that so difficult to understand? Don't most religions teach you to not pass judgement on others? So then why are we so offended by something so simple as a Christmas tree???

7 Comments:

Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

I agree with you totally Jes. It burns my butt not to be wished Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Neen and Mike said...

I totally agree...
Its so weird how people seem to be out to de-mote the importance of the day and pro-mote the commerical side of it... we are "fingers crossed" gettig our tree today... if Mike will let me

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here Here

10:41 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

AMEN! I agree as well.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Broken Beth said...

I totally agree as well!

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. You worded it all so well. It's pretty sad that it's that way now. So I say to you ,,, Merry Christmas!!!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger ~Denise said...

girl, you need to get out of my head! That is sooo what I've been thinking lately. *almost* takes the joy out of this time of year for me!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! :-)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home