<

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Battle Wounds

Well, the girls got into a fight again last night (the dogs, Molly and Lady). This is the second time in a week and a half. And it gets worse every time. And I've been hurt the last two times..... Poor Johnny got chewed on a bit too.

Lady was laying on her bed in the bedroom and Johnny was sitting on the floor with her. I leaned down to rub Lady's head and Molly got jealous and grabbed ahold of Lady's back paw and it escalated from there.... We couldn't get them seperated - Molly really sunk her teeth into Lady's paw, so much so that I picked Molly up and the was still attached to Lady's foot....

At one point, trying to pry Molly's mouth open (I know, bad idea) my finger got caught in the back of her mouth and she tore it open pretty bad. And Lady, in all the confusion thought she had ahold of Molly and instead clamped onto the back of my left hand and bruised my vein (didn't puncture) and then chomped down on my leg, gashing it open about an inch or so wide.... Its still bleeding this morning. Oh, and we found a tooth on the floor and can't figure out which of the girls it belongs to. Poor Rusty was so scared that he just hid under the bed.

We eventually got them seperated and Johnny put Molly outside for the night. Big shock factor to her because they're all indoor dogs and have never slept outside before. She spent most of the night barking and being extremely upset. She'd come to the bedroom window and I could hear her sniffing against the glass, trying to get in.... I felt bad, but I know it was the right thing to do.

Lady's pretty beat up.... She has 3 puncture wounds in her back right pad and is limping pretty seriously this morning. I feel so bad. I didn't lock her in the kitchen with the others because I just want her to be comfortable, so I left her laying on her bed when I went to work this morning.

I don't know what to do.... It's been happening more and more frequently lately and getting worse each time. Molly really is a sweet girl, but she just is mean to Lady or anyone else when it comes down to the attention... And it's not like she's deprived of attention, trust me!! Part of me feels that it's the right thing to let her go, but I don't know if it would be fair to place her with someone else and risk someone/something else being hurt. Which leaves me with the option of putting her down.... which just completely brings me to tears thinking about it, but I know that's probably the best option. I mean, what happens if I have babies.... Is she gonna get jealous of them and attack? I cannot risk that!!! And I can't put her in that situation with someone else. I just don't know what to do.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindi said...

I would talk to your Vet and get his opinion on the matter. If things are getting worse with Molly, then maybe she's just having issues that wont go away. Your Vet can probably give you advice. I don't have dogs... so I have no idea how to help you sweety. (((hugs)))

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you got hurt from the bites ,, and that you are in such conflict on what you should do about the doggie. Some people have said they have learned alot from reading this book (which I saw at Walmart) and watching the show ,, Just an idea for you. I hope you get it all worked out ,, without getting any more war wounds. {{hugs}}

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/cesar.html

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780307337337

9:55 AM  
Blogger Neen and Mike said...

I fully agree with a visit to the vet (sounds like you might have to be going anyway). THere may even been some meds they can put Molly on to calm her down a little - I mean if they can put cats on anti-depressants :)
And get those wounds on you and Johnny sorted out too - you don't want to get an infection or anything, dog teeth can be pretty gross... Thinking of you and sending you massive massive hugs. Its so hard to make some of these choices when it comes to our fur babies.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home