<

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July Weekend

Hope you all had a safe and memorable weekend... I did. I honestly couldn't ask for a better group of friends, old and new!! I reconnected with an old high school friend this weekend and it was so great to catch up with her.... We reminisced over old memories and created some new ones, she had her industrial done while at my house this weekend, and she fit right in with the rest of us and wasn't scared off by my friend's crazy antics....

Had a bbq on Sunday and had everyone over to the house. Had a great time, other than feeling a bit sick from the heat and being a little hung-over. Got to meet Johnny's sister Renae who is just so sweet and I can't wait to get to know her more. And his niece is just the cutest, although I can see I'm gonna have to win her over because she's very protective of her uncle Johnny. I got sequestered a couple times when I called him 'honey' or hugged him or anything like that.... it's too cute that they're so close.

Monday, my mom served D with his divorce papers. He seemed a bit surprised, but took it very well. He emailed me and seemed completely okay with it and explained that he has no problem signing the house over to me (yay!!!). Looks like this might be civil after all.... Went out to dinner with my mom to celebrate and ran into another friend from high school.... I think I had a mini-reunion this weekend.... Too funny, but nice to see old friends.

Our 4th of July was extremely fun. Went to Canyon Lake and sat on the beach with everyone, barbecued, played in the water a lot (just about the time you dried off, you'd have to jump back in because it was so hot) and I managed not to get sunburned!! Can't say the same for Johnny though - he's a little red, but nothing too bad. The fireworks were a bit disappointing - the music ended before the actual finale was shot off, and the entire show was delayed several times because the boats were too close to where they were shooting the fireworks from.....

All in all, it was a great day and I had lots of fun. I do have an ear-ache from being in the water so much, and I'm pretty tired from being in the sun all day, so I'm looking forward to going home and kciking back for the evening with my honey..... But it's a short week, and the weekend will be here before you know it!!

3 Comments:

Blogger AshleyS said...

I'm so glad you are getting along so well with his family!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I am so glad for you in every way! Especially that this past will be done and civily! Congrats and keep smilin girl- love hearin the joy in your entires!

ck

3:32 PM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

WOOHOO, served and is being nice. That is great news. Hope it continues that way.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home