<

Monday, July 24, 2006

When it rains, it pours!

Why does everything seem to happen all at once?? I don't know how much more I can take.... Honestly....

I went back to the courthouse on Friday to file what I thought was the last of my paperwork. I was wrong. The clerk informed me that I'm just starting. She remembers assisting David when he was there on Wednesday filing his portion of the paperwork and says that because he filed his response (as we were told to do by another clerk) that basically he contests the divorce as I have laid it out.... In no way, shape, or form does he contest this divorce. We agree 110% on the entire thing and just want to get this done. Now, I'm going to have to go back to the courthouse (again, for a 6th time and 6 day off work) and try and be first in line to sit and talk with the free attorney there (it's a first come, first serve basis) and have him go over another packet of forms that I need to fill out since we've gone in the wrong direction. I'm not sure if we can un-do what has already been done and get back the extra $335 filing fee that David was told to pay (which is all wrong!) Basically, if David wouldn't have responded to my inital set of forms that he were served with, his 30 days would have come and gone and the courts would have assumed that he agreed with everything and they would start our 6 month count-down.... So it's all screwed up.

Then, we got the electric bill on Saturday and it's higher than it's ever been before.... Almost $600. We've pinpointed it to the actual air conditioning unit. It's been making some wierd noises off and on and hasn't been keeping the house as cool as normal.... It seems to be working much harder to put off the cool air. I'm sure it's repairable, but it just frustrates me because I paid a couple hundred dollars last year to repair it, and seems I'm going to have to do the same again this year.

I'm still having issues with payroll here at work. I'm keeping my eyes open for other jobs, but there's just not much available out here. And what is available isn't going to pay me near enough to make ends meet. Did I mention that I have no more savings account? Yea, I had to drain that in order to pay the mortgage last month..... I'm owed 3 checks still from work here. I'm supposed to be getting a check sometime this week, but I have no idea how much it will be for....

And, with all the trips to the courthouse in the last month and a half, I've taken 5 days off of work. Fortunately, he hasn't docked my pay yet (who knows what will happen in the future when I actually receive my pay). But I have a trip planned to Michigan next month which requires me to take 4 days off of work. I've already purchased my plane ticket and I'm really looking forward to this trip... But at this point, I've taken so much time off of work, and I know I'm really pushing my limits. Not to mention that I really don't have the money for the trip anymore....

And of course, with all the stress, my psoriasis has really started acting up. My hands are blistered and sore.... I just want to cry....

eta: my mom just called. she talked to a friend of hers who talked to his lawyer. seems that maybe we've done everything correctly. but in 6 months when all is said and done, in order to complete all of this.... i have to pay another $400 for a Final Dissolution of Marraige.

Now I'm crying.....

7 Comments:

Blogger Always Faith said...

Aww, Jes---thats a bummer, girl. Sorry to hear of all the difficulty. hope it gets better for you soon!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Broken Beth said...

Oh no hon! I am so sorry it hasnt been good for you. Keep your head up because your stronger than you give yourself credit for!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Lindi said...

oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I think you and johnny need to take a vacation to relax for a few days! OR, you can move to Utah... my sister's divorce was settled in 2 weeks here! Missing you hun!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

That may be the best spent $400 you ever spend.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

2:33 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeesh, that really sucks girl. Soon enough it will be all said and done though and you can just be done with it all. Hang in there!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that it's all hitting at once. {{{ HUGS}}} I think you need to find another job as quick as possible. You say that there really isn't anything that is paying as much ,,, but that's not really true ,,, because you would be getting a steady paycheck and not waiting for the three that are owed to you. I'm sure things are going to turn for the better real soon.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

love you girl-- hang in there!!!

ck

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home