<

Friday, June 09, 2006

Nicknames....

Beth posted a challenge today to blog about nicknames that you may have had growing up, or still currently... And whether you like them or hate them and why...

As a baby, my mom nicknamed me "Boots", and on a rare occasion, she'll still call me this.... As a toddler, I would walk around the house carrying my bottle of milk or juice and when I was done with it, I'd hide it in my stepdad's cowboy boots.... It would sit there until he went to go put his boots on... hence the name Boots. I don't mind being called this. Of course, only my mom can get away with it.

I've always hated the name "Jessie"... When I meet someone new, and they start calling me Jessie, I'm very quick to explain that I prefer not to be called that - Jes or Jessica will work just fine. But then, there's Grandma... She's always called me Jessie, all of my life. She's the only one I allow to call me this... The only one that can say that name and it doesn't send shivers up my spine. Not sure why I dislike it so much, but I do.

And "Jes", the name I go by most.... Up until 11th grade of high school, I always spelled it "Jess"... Then I met David and for some reason, he only spelled it with 1 's', and I decided I liked the look of that much better.... It's different, and I like it. Not everyone realizes that I spell it that way, and most of my friends and family still spell it as "Jess", which doesn't bother me... It's just my personal preference to spell it that way....

1 Comments:

Blogger Neen and Mike said...

Whats weird it that to us you are SO not a Jessica... thats just strange... your Jes...

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home