<

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My first day

I'm a cube dweller once again.... It went okay, a little long, but it's gonna take me a while to get back into the routine. I'll probably start my training in the next week or so, once things slow down (the mortgage business gets crazy busy at the end of the month, trying to close as much as possible and meet all deadlines). Until then, I'm doing little busy work - verifying employement, sending disclosure packages and routing all faxes (there's actually a guy that his entire job is to maintain all the incoming faxes!!)....

I like everyone so far, they all seem very nice and very welcoming. My new team is very excited to have me - they're inundated with loans and can't wait until I'm trained and begin underwritting loans as well. I'm nervous because it's something new, but in the same, I'm kinda excited. Still not excited about the commute - just over an hour each way today. Friday will be the worst getting home. But, the position seems like it has potential to be permanent - I'm replacing a lady that went out on maternity leave and she'll be returning in November but not returning to this team. Not sure why, I didn't ask. So it seems that they're needing someone full time and permanent, which is definitely a good thing. I just need to ask myself if I really want to commit to commuting again. I did it for 3 years and it really wears on you, your car, your time with your loved ones..... I don't know if I can handle all that stress again.

But, the bills are getting scary and I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel yet.... I'm looking forward to that day. This is just a mere step towards that light. We've got a long ways to go....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear that you liked the people on your team. I know commuting sucks, but do what you have to do until you can get those bills paid (as if you didn't already know that ,, lol). Sorry I missed your wave when you drove by ,, I was in the vanpool driving home. I usually don't get home until about 6:30pm. Maybe one night if you stay later at work, you can stop by on your way home. We shall see. Again ,, I'm glad that you're working so you can get on top of things. {{{hugs}}}

8:07 PM  
Blogger Neen and Mike said...

Well I am glad the other kids are nice... driving sucks especailly that long. Use some of your first pay to buy a new CD...

8:10 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

well I'm glad to hear that it was a little better than you expected. commutes suck...I used to do that too when I lived back home. but there is a bright side to the down sides...you'll have a paycheck again, a little stress lifted off your shoulders, and either something permenant there or a better opprotunity soon.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Lori Petticrew said...

so glad . seems your job has potential, but the commute sucks. stillpryaing for you! and about your bills.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

HUGS jes.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes Jes. Sounds like it's a good thing so far, hope it continues!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home