<

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Re-Cap

It's been a productive weekend.... I stayed home both Saturday and Sunday (well, aside from my 2 trips to Target) and got a lot done.

Originally, I had wanted to get the yard cleaned up. It's been 3 months since the grass has been cut, and the weeds have taken over both the front and back yard.... I'm seriously embarrased by what my neighbors might think.... So, I pulled out the lawn mower and weed wacker, and attempted to start both, to no avail. Thirty minutes later, I finally gave up.... dragged them both back to the shed and felt sorry for myself. That's the second time that I've attempted to get them going without any luck. I've followed all the directions and have done everything D told me to do, but I just can't get them started..... so I gave up, again.

But, the good news is that I decided to go put the futon together for the spare bedroom. I followed all the directions, matched up all the pieces and hardware before even starting, and in the process I managed to smash my index finger and create a blister on my middle finger from all of the hammering.... But an hour and a half later, it was complete, and I did it all by myself! That made the whole yard situation disappear (for a minute, until I had to let the dogs out, lol!) Feeling very proud of myself, and extremely exhausted, I ordered a pizza, had a beer and watched Rent (good movie btw). And here's a picture of my cool new futon....

Sunday was really productive as well.... I finished straightening up the spare bedroom, cleaned my bathroom, cleaned the kitchen and wiped down all of the counters, moved the bookcase from my scrap room to the spare room, did the dishes and 4 loads of laundry (most of which were bedding). Of course, there are still the carpets to be cleaned and the bathtub to be scrubbed, but I'm going to leave that for another day.... I'm wipped out.

Next weekend, D's coming over to help me with the yard, and we're going to go get the new shelving units for my scrap room... I see it being another busy weekend. But busy is good!

Oh, and this weekend was the Scrap Etc. event down in Alabama.... I'm so bummed that I didn't get to go. I've seen tons of pictures from the ladies on SJ that made it out there.... And all I can say is that I'm extremely jealous, and there is no way that I am missing the event next year! I will be there!!! Jodi and I have already decided that we're going to room together, and I'm going to start putting money away now so that I have tons of play money for Monique's store! So jealous of you girls, but you all seemed to have had a great time!! I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow, what a busy little bee you've been. You are making me tired, quite all the hard work.. LOL

2:01 PM  
Blogger Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom said...

Hooray, your futon looks GREAT!

I too was oogling over all the Scrap Etc. pics & chattter :( I will be there next year too. Without a doubt!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to go to the Scrap Etc event next year too!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Broken Beth said...

Thanks for your comment. That made me feel a lot better, and your right I don't have to answer anything!
Take care Bia ;)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! It feels great to build something yourself, and be successful doesn't it?
Hope you share pics of your scrap space when it's finished ;)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home