<

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm such a slacker

Beth has been creating some awesome blogger challenges and I've meant to participate in each one of them, but work has gotten the best of me... For the last week, I've been working on a spreadsheet with the listings for all the local businesses in our area.... 2500+ of them.... And now I'm trying to clean it all up to create a mail merge.... It's really wiping me out. And it just frustrates me more because we're having payroll issues again.... :o(

But, the one that really sticks out in my mind, as far as blog challenges was this one....

We are so connected to technology it surrounds our whole life. But what if something happened that left us without it? How would you cope? Do you think the world would be better or worse off?

Technology is a big part of my life... I'm just as bad as a man when it comes to having some of the latest and greatest gadgets... I've got a top of the line camera, an iPod, a cell phone, a wireless laptop, XM radio in my car.... And when something new comes out, I'm drooling... I've got lots of money invested in electronics....

My world pretty much revolves around my computer right now. I say that in a good and bad way. I love coming home and getting on-line, chatting with my friends and family via yahoo messenger and webcam. But in the same sense, I have become extremely lazy. When David left, I had vowed that I was gonna get my priorities straight and start taking care of myself and become a kick-ass independant, good-looking chick.... And in the last 3 months, I've managed to do nothing of the sort. I've cancelled my gym membership and I feel so sluggish. It's because I'm not active and doing anything. Sometimes I think it would be better not to be so connected so that I would actually take some time for myself.... My house is looking pretty neglected, and my poor dogs probably hate me because I never play with them anymore. I remember the days when I'd just come home and play ball out in the yard with them. I don't do that anymore. I need to....

In a way, I'm extremely grateful for the internet because I've met so many awesome people - through ScrapJazz, Myspace and even new people here on my blog. It's so great to be able to connect with people all over the world. But in the same sense, I think I need to learn how to limit myself and really take time for myself, to enjoy life, to get outside and step away from the computer.....

So yea, that's me... Thanks for the challenge Beth :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger AshleyS said...

Great blog entry today--I've become too dependent on my computer too. I start freaking out when the electricity goes off--don't want to lose anything!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Oscar T. Grouch said...

Take care of yourself first and foremost. You deserve to be first. and to be treated well and spoiled. Do it for yourself.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home